Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Welcome to Try Anything Once!


Hello, everyone!

Welcome to my new blog Try Anything Once! I am so excited to share with you two things that I love to do: eat great food and travel! I hope that you'll join me as I eat, travel and hopefully do both at the same time!

What do I hope to share with you?

-Where I eat - Living in New York City allows me to have a wide array of eating experiences, and I hope to share them with you whether it's a local joint in my 'hood in Brooklyn; making an effort to reach the farther reaches of New York City in search of something interesting to eat; or some great local hole-in-the-wall in the great U.S. of A. Hopefully, I'll find as many opportunities as I can to make it out of the country so that I can so that I can invoke WWABD: What Would Anthony Bourdain Do? (Tony B., what's up, boo? :) To say that that I want your job is an understatement!) I'll try my best to eat at the local dives and haute restaurants just for you, dear readers, as Mr. Bourdain whispers to me his sweet nothings to try anything once (which according to Anthony B. usually includes pork!).

What's up, Tony?

-Where I travel - If anything, I hope this little old blog becomes a repository for some of my travel stories from the past and the future. I am not necessarily the most well-traveled, but at 18 countries and counting, I think I am doing alright. I hope you don't mind me as I prattle on about some of the past places I've been (Brazil, Ireland, Morocco maybe?) and some of the new places I'm going (Bali, Indonesia!!). I am always thinking about where to go next, and yes, I do keep a running list in my Blackberry (which hopefully will one day be an IPhone...Verizon, let's go!!)

-Where I eat and travel - Just in case you're wondering, this blog will be about both food and travel. In my mind, they often go hand in hand. One of the best ways to learn about people and their culture is through food. If you want people to open up, ask them about their favorite home-cooked meal or local place to eat. I mean, hey, we all eat, right?! I'm also going to admit to you that I decided to write about both because I would feel sad if I had to choose. I hate being put in a box!

Before we begin, I've also got to thank a few people:

I'd like to make a special shout out to the beautiful Mrs. Lamb of Weddingbee who thought up the name of this blog! Thank you for your wonderful creativity! Your title is my muse. :)

Finally and most especially, I would love to thank Joy AKA Mrs. Poodle of How Joyful for designing this blog! Her creativity knows no bounds!

A'ight, y'all! Bring on the food and the adventure!

7 comments:

Maya said...

Ooh the blog looks gorgeous! And I love to eat and travel, so I will be a regular reader for sure.

e.louise {Liz} said...

Love, love, love it!!!

lavenderpug said...

WWABD is a great motto! love your new blog!

melinda said...

Yay! Congrats on the new blog - I love the look!

Jody said...

Congrats on the new blog! :-)

Sugar said...

Can't wait to read more. Eating and traveling are two of my very favorite things.

Try Anything Once Terri said...

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the kind words!

 

Try Anything Once All rights reserved © 2010
I am a HowJoyful Design