Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I'm Back! A Preview of Bali


Hey, all!!

Sorry for the extended break, but preparations for Bali as well as the trip itself made it pretty hard to blog. Well, I could have blogged while away, but I'm sure Husband J gets to see me do a lot of that at home. :) Since this trip was the honeymoon we never took, I wanted to make sure that we got some q-time (quality time for those of you who are not dorks like me), and we did!

Let me first say that Bali is a unique, beautiful and fascinating place. I feel like in the 9 days we were there, we only scratched the surface of what we could have seen and done. From sightseeing, to cooking, dancing and art classes, there was a lot we could have done and didn't. Insert sad face. :( It made me sad knowing that I don't know when I am going to be able to make this 24+ hour journey from New York City again, but I tried not to think about that part too much. Less than 36 hours after being back, I already miss it. Okay, well, I don't miss having to put on bug cream with DEET or brushing my teeth with bottled water, but I still had a great time!

Here's a sample of some of the things we saw and ate while there:












This is just the tip of the iceberg. More to come soon!

3 comments:

Cathleya said...

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear of your travels :)

BigAppleNosh said...

Looks great, looking forward to reading more about it! What is that dish in the picture after the monkey?

Try Anything Once Terri said...

@Big Apple Nosh - Aaahh...that dish will most likely get its own post. It's the "Special" at Ibu Oka, a restaurant in Ubud. It is known for it's babu guling or roast suckling pig. Anthony Bourdain went there for his No Reservation: Indonesia episode. Aaahh Tony B.! :)

 

Try Anything Once All rights reserved © 2010
I am a HowJoyful Design