Friday, March 11, 2011

Eat to Win with Charlie Sheen


So part of me knows that I shouldn't even be giving this man a platform. Charlie Sheen is going through all kinds of craziness in his life right now, if you haven't heard. Part of me felt bad for him in part because it's sad to see someone's life implode daily on national TV. I admit I have not watched any of his interviews (just snippets here and there), but the news articles are enough for me.

Then I stopped the other day and realized that this man is either "crazy" or "crazy like a fox". I honestly think he's crazy like a fox. I think to some degree he knows exactly what he is doing, and at this point it's more about trying to keep the public's attention rather than a real display of who he truly is. Perhaps this is the cynic in me speaking, or maybe I am just not well versed enough in the effects of mental illness and drug abuse. I don't take what he is doing lightly, and I hope he gets the proper treatment to deal with his personal issues.

Either way, I am quite amused by Mr. Sheen's attempt at a cooking show. It's pretty funny even if his current life is not. I guess he's got a lot of time on his hands now that he's no longer on Two and a Half Men?




So what do you think of the video? Is Charlie very ill or taking us, the U.S. consumers of entertainment, for a ride? I suspect it's a little of both.

Good luck to him.

Happy Weekend to you.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I feel the same way as you. On one hand, I feel bad for him, because he's obviously nutzo and going through some stuff, but at the same time... I think he enjoys the attention. I have to admit, I LOLed when he broke the glass plate. Oh lord, poor guy.

 

Try Anything Once All rights reserved © 2010
I am a HowJoyful Design