Thursday, July 21, 2011

My 7 Links

The lovely Oneika of Oneika the Traveller has tagged me for the My 7 Links project that has been circulating among travel bloggers lately. This requires me to go through my archives and share with you some of my favorite/memorable past posts. This was much harder than I thought, but I'm going to give it a try.

1. My Most Beautiful Post - Is it Spring Yet?
It was the end of February, and I was missing warm weather. I posted some pictures of Antigua to remind me of the beach, warmth and sun.

I'm not sure if popularity is based on page views or comments, so I'll let you know about both posts that fit that description. When I checked out my all-time most viewed posts, I was shocked to see that it was a post about my longing to go skiing. I've never been and hope to go someday (whenever that is....). I have no idea why this posts get hits. The most commented post that wasn't me feeling sorry for myself was my post on healthy eating and exercise. I'm definitely not a model of perfect health, but I try. :) I'm glad so many of you were moved to comment.

3. My Most Controversial Post - Antigua Me Come From: Life Outside the Resort
In my opinion, I don't really think I've written a controversial post on this blog yet. I've got a few in mind, and I hope to write them soon. This post voiced my frustrations with many tourists' perceptions of the Caribbean (especially people who choose not to leave their resort) with a special emphasis on Antigua, my native country. There's a whole life on the island outside of the confines of an all-inclusive.

4. Most Helpful Post - Any post about hotels/see the health one above
This was hard. I feel bad because I don't really feel like most of my posts are particularly helpful. Please let me know if you think otherwise. I would like to think that my hotel reviews help someone out there. Often helpful hotel reviews are pretty general without relevant specifics, non-existent or without accurate pictures. I think I need to get better in providing useful information here.

5. A Post Whose Success Surprised Me - Tourist in My Own Town - DUMBO & Brooklyn Bridge Park
Who knew that writing about one of my favorite Brooklyn parks, lobster rolls and ice cream would garner so much interest? Not me.

6. A Post I Feel Didn't Get the Attention it Deserved - So What Happens When There's a Revolution In Your Next Travel Destination?
Another hard one to figure out 'cause there are so many.....JUST KIDDING!! No really, I was hoping that my post about me mulling over the various issues regarding our eventually cancelled Egypt trip would garner a little more discussion. For me, it was the first time that world events were playing a pivotal role in my travel plans and at the time Egypt was front and center in the media.

7. The Post I'm Most Proud of - Up in the Air Over Cappadocia
I was really love the pics in this post, and it was the first time that I was able to incorporate edited video. I made that video after a lot of procrastinating (I usually procrastinate when a task seems overwhelming for some reason), and I'm proud of how it turned out considering I'm still very new to video editing. I also really feel like this hot air balloon ride over Cappadocia is probably one of my most favorite recent travel memories. I really enjoyed sharing it with you all.

So that's it. If you're a long-time reader of the blog, can you remember any post that you really liked? What would like to see more of on the blog?

1 comment:

Mrs. Hot Cocoa said...

I love this compendium of great posts. I remember almost all of these!

 

Try Anything Once All rights reserved © 2010
I am a HowJoyful Design