Sunday, July 3, 2011

Travel Challenge, Day 10 - A Favorite Foreign Film


**One of the worst things that can happen to a blogger? Not having internet access at home! Let's hope everything gets resolved soon!**

Day 10 - Favorite foreign film

I think it's "Como Agua Para Chocolate (Like Water for Chocolate)", a film from Mexico, which is based on the book of the same name by Laura Esquivel. It combines some of my favorite things in one movie: romance and food. I love the magical realism of the story and how the heroine, Tita, expresses her emotion through food. Enjoy this clip. I couldn't find this scene in Spanish with English subtitles, so here it is first in Spanish and then English.




English version




I'd be interested in hearing about your favorite foreign film.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, wow... foreign films! I have so many. I love Gong Li, great actress -- and she did a number of great films in the 90s, like Raise the Red Lantern; wonderful film.

I also really Pedro Almodovar's films (Volver is a favorite)... "classics" like Amelie and Il Postino... a more recent one that my husband & I liked is Perseopolis.

Oneika said...

Paris, Je T'aime! It's corny, but I love it!

 

Try Anything Once All rights reserved © 2010
I am a HowJoyful Design