Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday Foodie Pinspiration - Easter & Passover Recipes


As this post goes up, I'm probably stuffing my face with a medialuna for breakfast, but I wanted to make sure that I popped in to wish you all a Happy Easter/Resurrection Sunday (whichever you prefer to call it) as well as Passover (Chag Sameach!).

As a kid, my traditional way of recognizing Easter was getting my hair done, a new dress for church, attending Easter service and the church's Easter egg hunt afterwards. Dinner wasn't such a big part of the day. That probably doesn't make me the most qualified person to suggest recipes for a holiday dinner; however, I believe in any excuse to cook something tasty. As for Passover, I'm still working on getting a Seder invite. A friend wanted me to come to hers this year, but I'll be out of town for most of Passover. :(

Here are a few recipes that might work for your special dinner this weekend:


Proteins

Grilled Leg of Lamb with Rosemary & Garlic


Gail Simmons' Horseradish Brisket


Classic Baked Ham with Maple- Mustard Glaze


Sides, etc.



Mint Meyer Lemon Risotto with White Asparagus
via My Life Runs on Food (big shout out to Sanura Weathers!)


Matzo Pizza

Okay. This one is obviously not for Seder, but it might be nice for lunch another part of the week. When you can't eat anything leavened, I suspect lots of creativity is involved.


Dessert

Coconut Nest Cookies
The colors are Easter-y, but the macaron-like cookies are great for Passover.


Cheesecake Filled Chocolate Easter Eggs



Do you have any dishes that are a tradition in your home for these holidays?

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

 

Try Anything Once All rights reserved © 2010
I am a HowJoyful Design