Friday, August 19, 2011

Fantasy Travel Friday - Amangiri


I'm glad that so many of you liked last week's first Fantasy Travel Friday post, so here's another one. I was pretty blown away by the Amangiri. I'm not going to tell you where this resort is until the end of this post, but I think many of you will be surprised.


I guess I would arrive at the Amangiri some time in the early evening. I'm already taken by the dessert and the sunset.


Maybe I would take an early evening swim.


I think I would stay in bed a little longer the next morning just so I could take in the views of the mesa.

Or maybe I'd just take in the view while taking a bath?

I think I'd head out to get a late breakfast (I would admire the view too long).

What would I do during the day?

Take a dip in the pool?

Maybe get a spa treatment outside?

Sit in the sauna for a little bit?

Knowing me, I would probably go horseback riding. I've only done it once and want to try it again.


There's no doubt that I'd end the day in front of a roaring fire.
Girijaala Suite

Mesa View Suite

Would you be a little shocked to know that the Amangiri is in the U.S. state of Utah? In some respects this make sense. It's located in Canyon Point, in southern portion of the state close to the border with Arizona and its beautiful rock formations. It's about a 15 minute drive to Lake Powell in Utah and a couple of hours away from Grand Canyon National Park. Husband J, can we stay here the next time we go to the Southwest? :)

Have you ever stayed in a dessert-like area of the world?

Happy Weekend!


8 comments:

Mandy said...

Absolutely beautiful!! I drove through Utah on a cross-country trip and it was absolutely breath-taking, so this doesn't surprise me! It looks super luxurious! That room with the fireplace?? Swoon!

kelsey said...

Wow!! It's so beautiful! I would love to go there!

Lauren said...

Wow, that is amazing and I never would have thought it was in Utah!

Micah and Catherine said...

I LOVE this new series. This place is stunning.

p.s. I've been behind on your blog and am overwhelmed with all the posts I want to read. :)

Erin said...

I love the Southwest and I'm so glad you picked a resort from that area! I think a lot of people (including my beloved husband) underestimate the beauty of desert landscapes!

Rycrafty said...

That looks like an amazing resort! You know, I forget that the US can look like that. I was sure it was going to be in the middle east!

Daphne said...

My guess was Arizona, so I was close! It is beautiful indeed. I've never had a dessert vacation, but the first 3 pictures of the evening vistas are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

WOW what an amazing place! Stunning pool, room, and view!! I actually thought it was going to be in Australia!

 

Try Anything Once All rights reserved © 2010
I am a HowJoyful Design